The ASFP seeks both to promote the profession of forestry and its members and to satisfy the public demand for competent and ethical management of the province's forests. The Association is home to Saskatchewan’s forestry practitioners who wish to demonstrate their dedication and ongoing commitment to the profession.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To establish and maintain high standards of professional ethics and excellence for members in the professional practice of forestry.
- To assure the general public of the knowledge, skill, proficiency, and competency of members in the professional practice of forestry.
- To promote and improve the knowledge, skill, proficiency, and competency of members in all matters relating to the professional practice of forestry.
- To foster the professional practice of forestry by members in a manner that is in the public interest of the people of Saskatchewan.
Why join the Association of Saskatchewan Forestry Professionals?
- Membership in the ASFP as an RPF, RPFT, or Restricted Member enables the member to practice professional forestry in Saskatchewan.
- To be recognized as a professional.
- To be ready to meet the challenges of the future.
- To participate with others in my profession to achieve our objectives.
- To ensure that we continue to be recognized as professionals.
- To give back to forestry a little of what it has given me.
- To be accountable to myself as well as to others.
- To maintain my competency through the Continuing Education Program.
- August 7 2019. Rory McIntosh – Climate change and forest health
- August 15 2019. Brogan Waldner – Why she chose forestry as a career